Welcome ! The electronic polymer (e-Polymer) laboratory in the Department of Chemistry at Purdue University is led by Professor Jianguo Mei. We are materials makers. Our research utilizes the basic principles in chemistry and material science to explore the potentials of π-conjugated materials and polymer composites for flexible and printed electronics, aiming to provide solutions for a sustainable future with clean energy, safe environment and healthy life. The ongoing research is highly interdisciplinary and collaborative, covering various aspects of organic and polymer synthesis, physical characterization and device fabrication with a central theme of establishing relationships between molecular design, synthetic methodology, materials processing and device performance. To transform laboratory ideas into viable technologies that can positively impact our society is also aligned with our interest.
Latest News and Events:
- June 7th, 2017, our effort on semiconducting polymers for photoacoustic imaging receives support from 2017 Showalter Trust Research Award.
- Junchen is selected for the SURF program.
- April 12, 2017, Dr. Mei is selected for Teaching for Tomorrow Fellowship.
- April 2-6, 2017, e-Polymer Lab presented three research talks at the ACS National Meeting, San Francisco.
- March 24, 2017, Our joint proposal with Prof. Bryan Boudouris of "Variable Temperature Thermoelectric Probe Station with Magnetic Field Manipulation", a money value of $307,000, has been funded by Defense University Research Instrumentation Program (DURIP).
- Nov 21, 2016, Xikang successfully defended his Ph.D. thesis, Congratulations !
- Nov 18th, Dr. Mei received the NSF Career Award. Thanks for the support.