Welcome ! The Laboratory for Polymer Innovation for Advanced Organic Electronic (PI-AOE) in the Department of Chemistry at Purdue University is led by Professor Jianguo Mei. We are materials makers. Our research utilizes the basic principles in chemistry and material science to explore the potentials of π-conjugated materials and polymer composites for flexible and printed electronics and iontronics, aiming to provide solutions for a sustainable future with clean energy, safe environment and healthy life. The ongoing research is highly interdisciplinary and collaborative, covering various aspects of organic and polymer synthesis, physical characterization and device fabrication with a central theme of establishing relationships between molecular design, synthetic methodology, materials processing and device performance. To transform laboratory ideas into viable technologies that can positively impact our society is also aligned with our interest.
Latest News and Events:
- Nov 6, 2018, our work on high temperature organic semiconductors appears in Science Magazine.
- June 26, 2018, Xuyi's first paper is accepted as a VIP, which will appear in the thematic issue of Organic Materials in Asian Journal of Organic Chemistry as an invited article.
- April, 2018, all five undergraduate students, Vani, Juncheng, Hongyi, Kenny and Xurui will attend graduate schools this Fall.
- April 5, 2018, Natalie is recognized with a SURF fellowship.
- Feb 10, 2018, Yan is leaving us after three and a half year in the group. He is taking a faculty position at Fudan University. Best wishes to him !