Welcome ! The Laboratory for Polymer Innovation for Advanced Organic Electronic (PI-AOE) and Bioelectronic Medicine (BEM). in the Department of Chemistry at Purdue University is led by Professor Jianguo Mei. We are materials makers. Our research utilizes the basic principles in chemistry and material science to explore the potentials of π-conjugated materials and polymer composites for flexible and printed electronics and iontronics, aiming to provide solutions for a sustainable future with clean energy, safe environment and healthy life. The ongoing research is highly interdisciplinary and collaborative, covering various aspects of organic and polymer synthesis, physical characterization and device fabrication with a central theme of establishing relationships between molecular design, synthetic methodology, materials processing and device performance. To transform laboratory ideas into viable technologies that can positively impact our society is also aligned with our interest.
Latest News and Events:
- Mar 4th, 2020, Dr. Mei has been named a 2020 ACS Polymeric Materials: Science and Engineering (PMSE) Young Investigator.
- Mar 1st, 2020, Saadia is selected as 2020 Beckman Institute Postdoctoral Fellow.
- Feb 18, 2020, Jongsu left for a faculty position at Sunchon National University in Korea.
- Sep 3, 2019, Natalie is featured in Purdue News ! Kadlubowski, Tesmer earn nationally prestigious Goldwater Scholarships
- June 17, 2019, Aristide's paper is selected as the Editor Choice and the Cover. Isoindigo-Based Binary Polymer Blends for Solution-Processing of Semiconducting Nanofiber Networks, https://doi.org/10.1021/acsapm.9b00321
- April 26, 2019, Natalie is recognized as a 2019 Goldwater Scholar.
- April 24, 2019, Aristide won MRS Graduate Student Gold Award and the Arthur Nowick Graduate Student Award.
- April 18, 2019, Aristide won H. C. Brown Graduate Student Award and delivered the Brown Lecture.
- Nov 6, 2018, our work on high temperature organic semiconductors appears in Science Magazine.
- June 26, 2018, Xuyi's first paper is accepted as a VIP, which will appear in the thematic issue of Organic Materials in Asian Journal of Organic Chemistry as an invited article.
- April, 2018, all five undergraduate students, Vani, Juncheng, Hongyi, Kenny and Xurui will attend graduate schools this Fall.
- April 5, 2018, Natalie is recognized with a SURF fellowship.
- Feb 10, 2018, Yan is leaving us after three and a half year in the group. He is taking a faculty position at Fudan University. Best wishes to him !